Friday, June 6, 2008

And so it begins

In a bit of an attempt to save the people around me from hearing all about all of the things that I experience all of the time (most especially the people that I encounter at work) without exploding from keeping it all inside, I will be using this blog to tell about my life at that very moment. Hopefully.

It begins here with a list of things I would like to say to people that I will probably never see again.

To the table that sent the pizza back because it had two very small pieces of onions on it, even though you weren't allergic: it was delicious. And I was pretty hungry, too. So, thank you. I hope you made it where you were going safely. And I also hope your irrational fear of onions clears up soon.

To the party of 40 that sat downstairs rather than up: I hope you enjoyed your food and your experience, and I hope that your waitress took good care of you. I'm sorry the air conditioning was broken. It's fixed now. If only your party had been scheduled for tomorrow. I hope the girl whose graduation you were celebrating does very well in life and goes on to achieve all of her dreams. At any rate, if you hadn't eaten downstairs I never would have waited on my party of ten. Which brings me to the next one...

To my party of ten: Thanks for those three dollars that you left on the table. All said and done, with that three dollars included, it ended up being exactly what you were charged gratuity for originally. I'm sorry that you didn't know about the gratuity policy, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I guess I should have. But times are just as tough for me as they are for you - gas is not magically cheaper for be because I'm paid less per hour. That being said, thank you very much for not actually taking the tip that you had left on the table back. I'm sorry if things are tight for you. I'm praying that God blesses you for blessing me. Thank you.

To the couple by the window and the other couple with three children: You may be the nicest people around. You were definitely the nicest people in the restaurant tonight. You were a complete blessing and nothing less. I hope I get the pleasure of waiting on you again one night when it isn't so busy.

No comments: